#FAQ blu by digigram
Please help us make blu by digigram a better and reliable service!
While we are dedicated to provide a truly broadcast grade and innovative service, in the event of a bug or unexpected behavior, please contact us anytime through our contact form. We’ll do our best to support you at the shortest notice.
Your contribution is highly appreciated.
The blu team
#1 – Which web browsers support WebRTC instant contribution link?
To establish WebRTC instant contribution links in “blu by digigram”, we strongly recommend to use of the latest Chrome version on the following operating systems:
- Apple OSX
- Chrome OS
Mozilla Firefox web browser can be an alternative to Chrome on the above operating systems.
For iOS platforms, iPhone and iPad, we strongly recommend to use of the latest Safari web browser.
Although the following setup are regularly tested, we cannot fully guarantee their behavior :
- Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge on Windows OS
- Chrome on Android platforms
#2 – How do you allow a web application to access your microphone ?
When opening a contribution link in your browser, you will be prompted to authorize the use of your microphone for live contribution.
Please select the local audio input to use or select the browser’s default audio input. Then click ‘Authorize’.
You can save this choice for future use.
If you do not authorize the web application to access your microphone, no live audio content will be streamed with blu by digigram.
This is also required when activating the web talkback in the operator web interface.
#3 – How do I adjust the level of my microphone in Windows?
Open Windows Control Panel, Open the Sound Parameters
Click on the ‘Recording’ tab, select the intended device (the audio input on which your microphone is connected) and click on ‘Properties’.
In the ‘Levels’ tab, adjust the Microphone slider down to a level where the audio does not distort. Press ‘OK’ or ‘Apply’ to validate your new setting.
#4 – I have created a new contributor in the blu workspace but the contributor doesn’t receive any email notification?
The email is sent to the contributor when the operator clicks on the following menus on the contact card: “Invitation → “Send”.
If the contributor hasn’t received the invitation mail, he should check out his email’s spam folder.
#5 – As a voice contributor, I can hear an echo when I speak, what can I do?
The echo is certainly sent back by another contributor.
So improvment all contributors should :
- We strongly recommend to use a headset instead of loudspeakers both on mobile devices (smartphone), PC, MAC.
- On mobile devices : Disable the energy saving mode on smartphone.
- On PC: Good quality usb sound card with headset are widely available. Digigram provide Cancun and UAX220
- On PC: Contributors who are using PC should check the echo cancellation parameters in their sound card properties :
- Open Windows Control Panel, Open the Sound Parameters
- Click on the ‘Recording’ tab, select the intended device (the audio input on which your microphone is connected) and click on ‘Properties’.
#6 – The voice of a contributor is saturating, what can be done?
#7 – As a contributor, I want to use an Iphone or Ipad device, how do I get started?
“blu by Digigram” is with compatible iOS devices. Your iPhone or iPad device must at least run iOS 11.